Do you, like me, have a softmodded Wii? Are you, unlike me, still using USB Loader GX to load your backups? Then you need Wiiflow!
Wiiflow is a great USB loader modeled after the iTunes cover flow. In my opinion, it looks even better than the iTunes cover flow, thanks to the 3D game boxes. Here, take a look:
The best news is: if you’re running USB Loader GX already you won’t have to install any extra cIOSs or anything like that! All you need to do is put the files onto your sd card like you would with any other homebrew app.
Download the full version from here. At the time of writing, the archive from the official page is broken, so go to the Mediafire mirror.
Here’s how to install it:
- Open the archive, and enter the apps folder. Extract the ‘WiiFlow_249′ folder into the ‘apps’ folder on your SD card.
- Go back to the root of the archive. Extract the ‘WiifFlow and ‘WAD’ folders to the root of your SD card.
- Plug the SD card into your Wii and you’re ready to go!
It won’t look real good until you download the covers for your games, you can do that from the options if your Wii is connected to the internet. It takes a while, be patient with it. You can mess around with just about every aspect of the coverflow in the settings too, but I would recommend just leaving it how it is unless you’re really confident.
So far you can only run WiiFlow from within the Homebrew Channel. Here, I’ll show you how to install a forwarder channel so you can access it straight from thr Wii Menu!
Optional: Install a forwarder channel:
- Go to your Homebrew Channel and open WAD Manager. If you don’t already have Wad Manager you can get it from here.
- Scroll down to the forwarder WAD of your choice. A good one to start with is “Wiiflow Starnight Channel”. Use the IOS 249 version.
- Press ‘install’. When it’s done, turn your Wii off and back on. The WiiFlow channel should be on the Wii Menu!
And there you have it! A great alternative to USB Loader GX.
BTW, I’m not liable for any damage this may do to your Wii Console. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!
The Complete Softmod Guide is a great site with everything you need to know about your Wii and hacking it. Be sure to take a look!